Independent living communities are an excellent choice for the active older adult who wants to take advantage of the conveniences provided in a senior living community. In fact, independent living communities are designed to meet the needs of active older adults while also providing the services and amenities that make retirement living all that it can be.
Because of the many services and amenities that are provided, independent living communities help older adults live a more carefree lifestyle by taking care of life’s mundane chores. This gives residents more time to enjoy the things they love. Benefits, services and amenities of independent living communities generally include:
- An apartment-style residence with layouts that range in size from studio to two-bedroom Residences also include a private bathroom and a small kitchen
- Household and grounds maintenance services
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Meal packages custom-designed and served in community dining areas
- Fewer bills to manage because most utilities, services and amenities are included
- Daily planned activities, social events and exercise classes
Activities and social events are scheduled throughout the day, seven days a week, encompassing a wide range of interests. This makes it possible for residents to:
- Stay busy and remain active
- Cultivate new friendships while also maintaining current relationships
- Experience new hobbies and interests while also enjoying activities they already know and love
Looking for a Richmond independent living community?
Learn more about the independent living lifestyle offered at Aspire at Carriage Hill
Independent living communities strive to support each resident’s physical, mental and emotional well-being by focusing on the active and social lifestyle of today’s modern adult. To achieve this goal, many independent living communities also provide:
- Fitness centers with fitness classes and exercise machines/equipment
- Basketball, volleyball and tennis courts
- Swimming pools and whirlpools
- Community center/clubhouse
- 24-hour staff/security
- On-site laundry facility and/or services
- On-site hair salon
- Scheduled transportation services
- On-site convenience store
- Pavilions and picnic areas with barbeque grills
Benefits, services and amenities will vary from one community to the next; therefore, you should determine which ones are important to you. This makes it easier to know which community will best serve your needs as you research various communities.
Residents are typically encouraged to personalize their living space by decorating and furnishing their apartment with their own personal items and furniture; however, this may not be the case with all communities. It’s best to check with the community before moving in to ensure that using your own personal style and personal items are allowed, especially if this is important to you.
Independent living does not include personal care or healthcare-related services, which can typically make it the least expensive senior living option for older adults, many times being even less than the cost of living in your own home. The average cost of services falls between $1,500 and $3,500. Costs are impacted by amenities and services provided, on-site care options offered, apartment size and location. Housing, utilities, maintenance, amenities, services and community activities are typically included in the cost. Meal plans may be included or may come at an additional cost.
Looking for an alternative senior living option?
Aspire at Carriage Hill is an independent living community located in Richmond, Virginia. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more. We’d love to hear from you!